Sunday, January 18, 2015

Poised



sold

In answer to the question I posed in yesterday's post - it was the evenly exiting plate. Normally, if I'm cropping something like that, I shoot for uneven - so that each of the sides that are cropped are different lengths. But I got lots of emails/messages pointing out other broken rules that I hadn't even noticed! Which is humbling. And I could always use a bit of that. So, thank you! : )

For this painting (above) I used a softer light than normal. I'm in love with the colors.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Me too, I love that blue you used for the mat! What blue is it?

Unknown said...

Isn't it interesting that there's a sweet spot in the amount of light at which the colors become most saturated? More light and the color washes out. Less, and the color becomes more neutral. The saturation here is spot on!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I couldn't find the issue with yesterday's painting.

I am also in love with your colors.

Jo Castillo said...

Oh, I love these colors, too. Yummy.....

Carol Marine said...

Thanks, Cathy! I used Phthalo blue for the paper. : )

Richard Moran said...

The colors are so beautiful..and those cups!! Wow!!

Unknown said...

Great color combination. The tea cup and saucer have a mother-of-pearl type of glow to them....is that the case?

LOVE LOVE LOVe your painting style.

Guess I had better learn about these rules I apparently missed as well. Broken rules? Hmmph...